Tesuque Water Association (TWA) Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Board Members Present: Randolph Buckley, President; Robert Martinez, Vice-President; Marge Garcia-Loehr, Treasurer; and, Dominick De Santis.
Board Members Not Present: Allen Lewis
Members Present: Mary Ellen Perea, Gretchen Goff, Lisa Beck, and Bret Gerking
Operator Present: Rudy Martinez
Bookkeeper Present: Ana Berry
Roll Call and Verification of Quorum: Randolph Buckley verified a quorum.
Approval of Minutes from March 11, 2015 Meeting: The Board approved the minutes.
- Financial Report:
- Ana Berry reported no unusual activity. Ana also reported the State of NM was processing approval of our plans to audit financial results from the past 5 years. Approval expected soon.
- Randy stated the State of NM was still in the process of including the water rights obtained from El Nido into the State Water Rights Database.
- Water Operator’s report:
- Rudy Martinez reported the meters were recorded and read on time. Rudy responded to several requests for line location. Replaced two cans and covers at Romero/Jiminez Road. Obtained water samples with Angel Flores of the DWB. Discussed the false alarms from the well house that have caused red light to flash, with no upset condition found upon checking. Dominick volunteered to look at system to understand cause for problem.
- Randy stated that the DWB had conducted a survey of our system this morning that consisted of providing numerous documents and an inspection of the storage tank and Well. Ana and Rudy participated in the survey and the inspector identified no deficiencies..
- Old Business
- Water History Project:
Robert Martinez states he is having difficulty contacting the individual helping develop the early history of Tesuque MDWCA. He proposed pursuing an event that includes past presidents and Members to inform our Membership about the early history.
- New Business.
- Maintenance Plan
- Rudy explained the maintenance philosophy for the three major components of our water system: well and pump, distribution system, and storage tank. He stated we had developed an O&M Plan that was required as part of the NMED Water Bureau Department survey
- Aamodt Communication Plan
- Randy lead a discussion on developing a plan to provide necessary information to the Members so that they can make an informed decision on whether the Association remains independent or joins the PBRWS. Discussion of different formats of information and means by which we could best communicate it to our Members. Mary Ellen suggested an effort to go door to door with information and be available to answer questions. All thought this was a good idea once we had enough information to provide. The Board is working on a format that shows pros and cons of each decision and a set of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Robert Martinez motioned and Randy Buckley seconded to adjourn. All agreed.
- Adjournment: 7:30pm
- Maintenance Plan
Next meeting will take place on Wednesday, May 13, 2015, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at the Tesuque Elementary School.