Home » All 2015 Meeting Minutes » March Minutes 2015

March Minutes 2015

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Board Members Present: Randolph Buckley, President; Robert Martinez, Vice-President; Marge Garcia-Loehr, Treasurer; Allen Lewis, Secretary; and Dominick De Santis.

Board Members Not Present:

Members Present: Richard Fisher, Gretchen Goff, Richard Belian

Non-Members Present:

Operator Present:

Bookkeeper Present: Ana Berry

Roll Call and Verification of Quorum: Randolph Buckley verified a quorum.

Approval of Minutes from February 11, 2015 Meeting: Approved after reading of the Minutes.

Reports:

Financial Report by Ana Berry. No unusual activity.

Water Operator’s report

    1. Rudy Martinez not present to report. Report of possible grader hitting meter. Ana Berry reports Rudy told her neighbors may be hitting them while backing out due to the locations. Will wait for clarification from Rudy.
    2. Robert Martinez reports light blinking at well house. Randy will check with Rudy to see if any problems to report. Subsequent follow-up indicated no problem
  1. Old Business
    1. Follow up on activities.
      1. Audit Procedures/Funding
        1. Ana reported again about the state audit. We fall into tier 4. Had to go back 5 yrs to 2010. Ana applied for state funding to help mutual domestics. Received approximately $15,000 to help. We only have to pay about $2000. Mr. Macias, our original accountant, suggested Mr. Steve Archibeque taking over due to Mr. Macias’ load and not being able to meet deadline. Archibeque is well qualified.
      2. Water History Project
        1. Robert Martinez states the effort continues to set up meeting with Mr. Jimenez. Robert will try to confirm April date.
      3. New Business.
        1. Review/Approve proposed changes to Bylaws
          1. Randy Buckley handed out draft suggested revision to the Bylaws to all present. It presents the ability to enable TWA members to make a decision to join the AAMODT system or to remain on our own with the additional ability to vote via mail to help facilitate the vote and get as many responses as possible.
          2. Richard Fisher and Gretchen Goff brought up the concern of the survey request letters being received by Tesuque residents asking for permission to survey on property. Is it a preliminary step to the pipeline coming in? It was explained that, to best of Randy’s knowledge, it is simply getting prepared for implementation without regard to whether TWA does decide to join. The permission to allow survey is, of course, up to the property owner.
  • Randy explained that information including a Pro and Con list for each case (remain independent or join PBRWS) must be presented to the Tesuque Water membership so an informed decision can be made. The details of the impacts of the AAMODT settlement will be forthcoming as available to help make the decision and aid in the creation of the information. It is suggested to send out this information with the billing statements. Randy explained this is the goal to be sure all TWA members are informed so they can vote as they deem appropriate.
  1. Ana Berry explained other small independent water associations were approached and many declined to join. Some decided to join due to their need for water. The TWA has a good system with, at least so far and into the foreseeable future, enough water supplies. It is up to The Board and membership to be prepared to decide when the decision date is known.
  2. Richard Fisher and Gretchen Goff request that The Board champion on the side of the TWA to explain the benefits of the TWA and vote as a board against joining and suggested a membership vote is not needed. They stated that other boards did it without membership vote.
  3. Sharon Lewis asked, due to the AAMODT system not being fully available until maybe 2024, when is this decision really due? Randy and Robert explained that decision may be needed before that to allow AAMODT to plan the infrastructure so we do need to get prepared and be ready when decision is needed which will probably be within the next year or two at most. Exact date is not known at this time
  • Randy re-presented the draft of the revised ByLaws explaining new addition written by lawyer to allow means to make decision to dissolve/merge the TWA or keep it as is and also enable the voting process required to be allowed by mail as well as in person by the membership to enable most votes possible. Robert Martinez motioned to approve, Marge seconded the motion and all voted in favor of the Bylaw addition. The revision to our Bylaws will now go to a vote of the Membership
  • Randy Buckley requested help from all board members to communicate what the board is involved in and as more information about AAMODT is received it is disseminated along with what the TWA provides the membership and what is needed to keep the TWA running so advantages and disadvantages of both are as well known to all TWA members as possible before voting.

Robert Martinez motioned and Allen Lewis seconded to adjourn. All agreed.

Adjournment:  7:45pm

Next meeting will take place on Wednesday, April 8, 2015, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at the Tesuque Elementary School.