Tesuque Water Association (TWA) Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, Sep 10, 2014
Board Members Present: Randy Buckley, President; Robert Martinez, Vice-President; Marge Garcia-Loehr, Treasurer; Allen Lewis, Secretary; and, Dominick De Santis.
Members Present: Lisa and Brett Bick
Operator Present: Rudy Martinez
Bookkeeper Present: Ana Berry
Roll Call and Verification of Quorum: Randy Buckley verified a quorum.
Approval of Minutes from August 13, 2014, Meeting: Approved after reading of the Minutes.
- All checked aging reports, well history, profit / loss reports sent via email by Ana Berry. Nothing of concern noted.
- Ana Berry. Email sent about procedures for the audit. Will get report of only 2010 or all 4 years that needs to be done. Cost would be multiple of number of years plus $5000. Decided to wait for quote based on scope of work needed for first year (2010) then proposal for all four years. All agreed.
- All bank signatures have been done to enable new Treasurer Marge Garcia- Loehr to be on account.
- Rudy Martinez: Water operator report. Read meters on 29 Aug. System failed same day. Richard Fisher turned well to hand operate mode. Rudy found relay for liquid level control box had been pulled out. Installed new one, returned system to “operate”. All worked fine. Someone had pulled the relay and placed it on the manual which had been opened. All within locked perimeter. Richard had to cut chain earlier that day to gain access. Rudy suggested purchasing locks to lock the control cabinet not just the entrance. Randy asked about Realtor style lock-box to hold key for all the padlocks. Rudy will check into securing the control box. Dominic DeSantis offered his expertise as a locksmith to help. Expect a higher water use during this time due to using tank stored water then refilling. Public utility tampering is a federal offense so Randy will call Sheriff to check control box and area so it is noted on record.
- Water stats file shows a negative loss this month.
- History project headed by Robert Martinez. It’s in progress, no update.
- Fire Hydrant locks. Need thicker chains to go with FD locks per Rudy Martinez. He will work on getting those.
- Aamodt Settlement: Members had requested to show different costs if we had same rate structure as city or county of Santa Fe. Randy reported based on use of avg of about 7000 gal monthly plus $20 fixed charge, city and county are close to Tesuque but Tesuque is a bit lower. However, higher water use increases price in SF city and county, much more so than Tesuque. Randy attended meeting about the plan. It’s in design stage. Poaque survey done. Tesuque is last. Could be done by end Dec. Need help marking lines when time comes.
- Ana Berry: New software is in for the old handheld readers to keep us up to date with the current accountability software and future meter transmitters. Invoice is due.
- Revised rules and regulations to establish $30 monthly charge for fire sprinkler system standby pressurized 4” pipe. Robert Martinez moved to accept. Unanimously passed. Allen Lewis signed as Secretary approving the revision.
- Allen Lewis suggested length of term for director board members to be 2 years vs 4 years to maybe help gain director board membership interest. Must be approved by general membership. Ana Berry said the other water boards are 4 years staggered vote every 2 years. Robert Martinez noted there is a small qty of Tesuque residents that can participate as board members. Marge Garcia-Loehr explained it takes awhile to learn what is required so maybe 2 years is too short. Ana Berry explained the Sanitary Projects Act may require 4 years. Randy Buckley will look into that and report next meeting.
3. Randy Buckley made a motion and Board approved to adjourn.
Next meeting will take place on Wednesday, October 8, 2014, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at the Tesuque Elementary School.