TWA Annual Meeting
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Board Members Present : Gretchen Goff, Presdent; Randy Buckley, Vice-President;
Jamie Painter, Treasurer, Maria C. Bustamante, Secretary, and Richard Fisher, Webmaster.
Members : The Tesuque Elementary School Principal joined the meeting for about fiftenn (15) minutes.
Operator Present : Rudy Martinez
Bookeeper Present : Ana Berry
Roll Call and Verification of Quorum : Gretchen Goff verified a quorum.
Approval of Minutes from September 7, 2010 Meeting : Approved after reading the minutes.
1. Ana Berry handed out the Well History Summary Report, as well as the Profit and Loss Report. She reported that the Tesuque Elementary School had a large water leak and they requested an adjustement to their bill.
2. Rudy Martinez said the digging for new water meters will start on October 22 and 23, 2010. He said we have to submit a plan to hire traffic control. It will take approximately two (2) days. He also said that there are other sections which will also need work.
3. Rudy said that we should consider the repair of the water tank in the near future. If we do not stop the flow of the manganese, which is non-toxic, we will have to hire someone to remove it from the bottom of the water tank. Currently Rudy submits a monthly water sample to check for bacteria to the Water Bureau.
4. Rudy told us he would give us a guided tour of the Canocito water system if we wanted to see it. He reported Canocito recived $400,000.00 emergency grant for the removal of toxic minerals in their water system because it was a health issue.
5. Another project would be the expansion of the well house. We would need to build a building to accommodate the filter equipment.
6. Rudy said there is a gentleman by the name of Terry Johnson who lives in Tesuque and wants to hook up to the water system.
7. We asked Ana if there was a way to spot water leaks from the readings. She told us she compares Rudy’s water readings from monto to month, then sends out a report of a leak to costumers with the bill.
8. Ana said she is sending Meter #007 and #008 a “shut-off” notice.
9. We agreed that all Board Members would receive a $20.00 base fee reduction in their monthly bills.
Next Meeting: The Board agreed the next meeting of the TWA Board will take place on Wednesday, November 12, 2010, at 7:00 p.m., at the Tesuque Elementary School
Tags: October 2010